Otabo provides strategic development, manufacturing, and quality assurance services for footwear, apparel, bags, accessories, and athletic equipment brands and start-ups. Family owned and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, we have a leading development and manufacturing facility in the heart of the industry hub, Guangzhou, China in addition to an international supply chain network. We help companies solve their hardest technical challenges, scale production, expand product lines and colorways, build a brand-loyal customer base, and act quickly on new ideas.
As our global team continues to grow rapidly, we are in search of a Sourcing Manager with previous experience managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with competing priorities as we build out this new department.
Our ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of materials and/or vendor sourcing for performance-based textiles and products enhanced by his/her/their passion for developing both processes + relationships. If you are excited about working in a dynamic atmosphere where you can make a difference in our company and global communities, we want to speak with you.
- Support Director of Sourcing with thorough vendor vetting process to ensure high standards and company ethics are met
- Manage all sourcing inquiries from our Development department
- Perform cost and Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) negotiations with new and current vendors
- Coordinate and manage all meetings with vendors for onboarding, sourcing planning, sample follow up, and material reviews/comments
- Communicate material and vendor restrictions within the design process
- Communicate expectations of lead times around materials for sampling and production with cross functional teams
- Communicate cost and MOQs on materials to Development team
- Support in development and production order allocation of all vendors
- Collaborate with cross functional teams; work with Quality Assurance (QA) team to outline lab testing processes for all materials at predevelopment stage
- Partner with QA team to properly address concerns with vendor quality throughout the development, production, and post-production stages
- Ensure compliance within factories; develop and uphold standards of Otabo and client-nominated suppliers
- Participate in weekly evening calls (1-2/week) with our Development and Production teams in China
- Travel is a requirement for this position and will typically include 2 international trips per year and domestic travel to see clients as needed. Travel is currently suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will resume when safe
What we’re looking for:
- Local to Minneapolis, MN or Boston, MA or willing to relocate and travel regularly to both post-pandemic
- 5+ years of product development and sourcing experience in footwear and/or apparel + accessories; at least 3 of those working with performance-based textiles and products
- Strong understanding of supply chain and manufacturing processes in Asia
- Sustainable sourcing experience highly valued
- Creative, resourceful research and problem-solving abilities
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Apple products, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, and G-Suite; willingness to learn additional platforms and software
- Demonstrated, strong interpersonal and communication skills in the English language; business proficiency in French, Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Vietnamese is a huge plus
What we offer:
- The rare opportunity to help build an innovative + international small business
- Competitive compensation including 401(k) match, 100% vested immediately
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, volunteer days, and 11+ holidays
- Charitable donation matching/doubling for causes that promote social good + racial justice
- Continued opportunities for growth & development in a connected team environment
- Product samples: we wear test the product we manufacture
Otabo is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity and encourage veterans to apply.