Otabo provides strategic development, manufacturing, and quality assurance services for footwear, apparel, bags, accessories, and athletic equipment brands and start-ups. Family owned and headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, we have a leading development and manufacturing facility in the heart of the industry hub, Guangzhou, China in addition to an international supply chain network. We help companies solve their hardest technical challenges, scale production, expand product lines and colorways, build a brand-loyal customer base, and act quickly on new ideas.
As our global team continues to grow rapidly, we are in search of a Quoting Specialist to strategically enforce and expand on our existing pricing strategies across development, production, shipping, and consulting services. Serving as a vital, cross-functional bridge between Development & Production and Finance departments and external partners, you will analyze, document, and coordinate a variety of financial activities for footwear, apparel, and accessory manufacturing projects.
Our ideal candidate pairs creative, resourceful research with advanced problem-solving skills; he/she/they have a knack for numbers and strong technical writing abilities. If you are excited about working in a dynamic atmosphere where you can make a difference in our company and global communities, we want to speak with you.
- Draft quotes for manufacturing projects that clearly outline project requirements, deliverables, costs, terms, and timelines
- Manage client financial communications across quoting and invoicing
- Determine profit margins based on the product, client and business goals, and market considerations
- Review BOM (Bill of Materials) and LOP (Labor, Overhead, Profit) for accuracy and competitiveness
- Audit invoices and bills for accuracy prior to payment request or issuance
- Work cross functionally to collaborate with multiple departments to provide administrative support
- Participate in evening calls (1-2/week) with our development team in China, as needed
- ~5% - 20% regional and international travel required post-pandemic, pending account assignments
What we’re looking for:
- Previous project and client management experience required
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and move between them quickly without error or missing detail
- Basic mathematics and accounting abilities; previous exposure to accounting software and a PLM
- Manufacturing or supply chain knowledge
- Technology savvy with proficiency in Apple products, G-Suite, and Microsoft Office; willingness to learn additional platforms
- Demonstrated, strong interpersonal and communication skills in the English language; business proficiency in Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Vietnamese is a huge plus
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including 401(k) match, 100% vested immediately
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick leave, volunteer days, and 11+ holidays
- Charitable donation matching/doubling for causes that promote social good + racial justice
- Continued opportunities for growth & development in a connected team environment
- Product samples: we wear test the product(s) we manufacture
Otabo is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity and encourage veterans to apply.